Conditions of Participation
- be over 18 years old
- be healthy and physically able to traverse the demarcated route
- be able to find a minimum of five donors to donate to the Programme of Armenian Studies, no matter how small their donation may be
- have medical insurance
(The Programme of Armenian Studies is not responsible for any health related complications that may arise during the course of the journey. However we will provide assistance to the best of our ability.)
- All Eastern Armenian speakers must converse in Western Armenian during the duration of this walk.
We would like to remind non-EU participants to consult with their local French and Spanish consulates regarding visa arrangements.
Costings of Participation
For Armenian speaking participants
For participants who will be engaging in Western Armenian conversations on a daily basis, the Programme of Armenian Studies requires a baseline participation donation of £50 which covers up to 100 kilometers of the journey. Any extra kilometers journeyed would warrant a suggested donation of £0.25 per kilometer. This is separate to participants’ spending on living and accommodation expenses.
Those who are exempt to these commitments of donation are:
- Teachers of Western Armenian
- Students of Western Armenian (currently enrolled on a Western Armenian language course)
- Academics in Armenian Studies
- Armenian journalists
- Established Armenian artists
Such participant must still find five donors willing to donate to the Programme of Armenian Studies, no matter how small their donation may be. However, upon this mandatory contribution, any donation that can be made by participants in this category would be greatly appreciated.
For non-Armenian speaking participants
We invite participants accompanying their Armenian-speaking friends on the journey to make a donation of an amount they feel is appropriate, on top of finding five donors willing to donate to the Programme of Armenian Studies, no matter how small this donation is.
Pace of the walk
We will be walking every day, unless in the case of serious emergency.
We will have four days off, in the four big cities of Pamplona, Burgos, Leon and Santiago.